Twilight of the Gods
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It's the year 2012, the Apocalyptic prophecies have come true and the world is at an end. Demons have fled from Hell, and the Angels from Heaven to aid the humans still left on Earth. Join the darkness, fight for the light, or simply try to stay alive.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Powerful Talks (John and Nyx)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
The Morning Star

The Morning Star

Powerful Talks (John and Nyx) Empty
PostSubject: Powerful Talks (John and Nyx)   Powerful Talks (John and Nyx) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 10:13 pm

It had taken her a while to be able to punch through the next wall to Hell, and it was really quite an accomplishment, even if she had some help from the other fallen angels who guarded this level of Hell, now they were all becoming more and more powerful, simply because Nyx had them all very well trained now, there was to be no slacking off for her army, they would soon be needed to rise up against the rest of humanity and Angels themselves.

Looking around the graveyard she now stood in, Nyx walked slowly through it, her wings of shadow scraping some of the stone as she passed, it was hard, being so powerful, either everyone else tried to kill you, or they feared you and tried to stay away, there was one person however who seemed to negate that pattern.

However annoying he might be.

Nyx sighed lightly and sat on top of a large mausoleum, tilting her head up to look at the light, the distant light that she strived for, her freedom that was becoming more and more real by each passing minute.
Back to top Go down
Michael Angel of Justice

Michael Angel of Justice

PostSubject: Re: Powerful Talks (John and Nyx)   Powerful Talks (John and Nyx) Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 10:20 pm

John had been getting some disturbing reports from some of the weaker demons that the angel had been able to bully into becoming his informants at one point or another. There was said to be a lot of demonic focus on the sixth level of Hell but it was coming from fallen angels, which suggested that it was actually Nyx trying to break her way out even more. He was becoming a little bit concerned now but he didn't let it show on his features.

As soon as he landed in the graveyard that was this circle of Hell an fallen angel moved to attack him. John wasn't in the mood to dodge around attacks today so he merely grabbed the fallen angel's head and slammed it against a nearby headstone, knocking him out cold in one movement. Seeing the rather ominous figure of Nyx resting on a mausoleum, John flew to her, landing on the same mausoleum,

"Well now if you wanted me to visit there are easier ways than breaking up through Hell." he teased her lightly, "If you've missed my company that much you could have just called. Even if the signal down here is lousy."
Back to top Go down
The Morning Star

The Morning Star

PostSubject: Re: Powerful Talks (John and Nyx)   Powerful Talks (John and Nyx) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 12:23 am

Nyx heard a small commotion from the Sixth Level, a little way away from her, it looked like it was going to be the person that she had just been thinking about and a rather wicked grin broke across her lips, she was both happy and very annoyed when she realised that it was in fact John, she was probably going to be subject to a lot of bad jokes and puns now that he was here, but at least she would have some form of conversation.

Turning to him, Nyx stood up, she had grown since their last meeting, and she was almost the same height as John now, which she noted with a happy, contented smirk on her lips, it would seem that she was almost there at last, but it wasn't good enough just to be as powerful as him, no no.

"Believe it or not I was actually thinking whether you would show up." she laughed coldly "Seems I was right. Appears we both miss each other enough to endure our company some more, even if I am not sure why."

Frowning a little bit, Nyx picked up on what he had said and cracked a grin; "So you heard about my newest achivement? Just a few more levels left, and they get easier, the higher up they are."
Back to top Go down
Michael Angel of Justice

Michael Angel of Justice

PostSubject: Re: Powerful Talks (John and Nyx)   Powerful Talks (John and Nyx) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 12:28 am

John had to admit that he'd been looking forward to meeting up with Nyx again but he also had to admit that he'd hoped it would have been deeper inside of hell. Not because he wanted to be there, it was Hell after all, but because he wanted Nyx to still be there as opposed to being closer to Earth. When she stood up he immediately noticed the difference in height. He was still taller than her but it was by a much smaller margin than it had been before. He smirked slightly,

"You know classical estimations of beauty would mean that you should be a little bit shorter." he teased before winking, "I've never been very classical though. Good to see you Nyx."

He chuckled a little bit before holding his arms open,

"Well you wish me to appear and I do so! Magic!" he joked before smirking, "You know you'd be depressed if I ever stopped visiting you Nyx, so you still want me to visit."

John raised an eyebrow before smirking,

"Are you smirking Nyx? Next thing you know you'll be monologuing! Classic bad guy." he teased her before shrugging a little bit, "That's true but the boost you get for each layer is lessened."
Back to top Go down
The Morning Star

The Morning Star

PostSubject: Re: Powerful Talks (John and Nyx)   Powerful Talks (John and Nyx) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 12:55 am

Nyx couldn't help but feel her mood get a little bit less happy, if it was indeed happy in the first place when he mentioned that he thought it was good to see her, it surely shouldn't be good to see her she was part of the devil after all, there should be nobody who was happy to see her...frowning a little bit, she decided that she would not let John know what it was that had effected her so, never show your weakness.

Raising her eyebrow when John said that she would be depressed if she stopped receiving visits from John, Nyx couldn't help but chuckle darkly and shake her head; "John, I lived without your visits for hundreds of years, I am positive that they are not integral to my happiness and they do not increase my enjoyment of life."

When he seemed to be taking the mickey out of her, Nyx couldn't help but sigh, this was why meeting with John was a double edged sword, he often didn't know what to filter from his brain to his mouth. Deciding that she would just ignore that certain comment, she focused on the other part of his statement;

"Well maybe I don't need to grow that much more, you can see the difference in my height now yes? I'm almost as tall as you, with four levels still to go might I add." she said with a smirk, picking up a branch and turning it into an already smoking cigarette with a shadowy wave of her hand "Did you come to talk shop or as a friendly visit?"
Back to top Go down
Michael Angel of Justice

Michael Angel of Justice

PostSubject: Re: Powerful Talks (John and Nyx)   Powerful Talks (John and Nyx) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 1:09 am

John could tell that Nyx didn't believe him when he told her that it was good to see her. He could understand why, meeting up with her would be a death sentance to most angels and demons after all, but he didn't think he was part of that rule. Hell, he knew her before her fall, he wasn't going to be intimidated by her mood swings when he'd seen them all when she was an angel. The only difference now was that she was just a touch angrier.

He chuckled a little bit before pouting, "Awwww and here I thought that I mattered to you. After all, I still enjoy our little talks and I had hoped that you did too."

Watching as she made herself a cigarette, John reached into his overcoat and pulled out a single cigarette. It was a very fancy cigarette and he lit it by touching it's unlit end to the lit end of Nyx's own cigarette. He sat down and dangled his legs over the edge with a small smile,

"Almost my height now Nyx but never gunna be older than me." he commented with a small smirk, a small remark about his own skills in terms of experience. He was far older than her after all. He smiled a little bit and took a drag on his cigarette, "If you'd like to sit down I'd actually like to have a friendly visit. Believe it or not I don't have many of those either."
Back to top Go down
The Morning Star

The Morning Star

PostSubject: Re: Powerful Talks (John and Nyx)   Powerful Talks (John and Nyx) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 1:39 am

Nyx couldn't help but let herself smile, it was nice to be able to know that he enjoyed coming to visit her still, she did like the fact that he was going to be able to keep visiting her while she gained the power because she knew that when she rose from Hell that would be the end of the shaky peace that they were currently holding between themselves, the war would properly begin and things would change between them.

"Whatever gave you that impression John?" she asked with an eyebrow raised "Just because you swan around Hell with your new pet Angel and think that because I don't kill you, you think you matter to me? Silly silly John." she smirked.

When he asked her to sit down Nyx sat down and she looked out over Hell, there was a sort of peace upon this level and she really did like it here, now that she had broken through and without that much effort, she thought that she would be spending a lot of time here now that she had gotten to this point.

"Very well, I have almost forgotten what it was that you do when we speak in a friendly manner." she admitted honestly "We used to be able speak about most things, but now I don't think I could even ask how you are without it seeming fake."
Back to top Go down
Michael Angel of Justice

Michael Angel of Justice

PostSubject: Re: Powerful Talks (John and Nyx)   Powerful Talks (John and Nyx) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 2:02 am

John was probably fooling himself and he knew it. Hell they were both fooling themselves and they both knew it. The lovely little meetings that they were having, the catching up, it all meant a lot to the both of them but it would come crashing to an end as soon as Nyx broke free of the last circle. After that they'd be enemies in truth. He chuckled a little bit,

"Perhaps it was just your lovely temperment when I am here?" he joked lightly before shrugging, "Well there must be some reason you haven't tried to kill me already. Aside from the fact that until you reach some of the higher barriers you don't want to risk having all of your work undone."

John drew steadily from his cigarette. It was a fine brand of cigarettes made in Cuba, which made excellent cigarettes as well as amazing cigars. He smiled slightly at her admission,

"It's been a long time for me too. Hard to have a friendly chat when everyone tells you what they think you want to hear... you must get that a lot too." he commented before chuckling weakly, "That question always sounds fake for some reason... back then you wouldn't have had to ask. You could have told from the way I sat. For the sake of the question, I'm doing... well a little crappy to be honest. It's turning into chaos up there you'll be happy to know."
Back to top Go down
The Morning Star

The Morning Star

PostSubject: Re: Powerful Talks (John and Nyx)   Powerful Talks (John and Nyx) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 2:24 am

Nyx couldn't help but roll her eyes as she often did when John spoke to her, it was something that she didn't think that she would ever be able to stop herself from doing, he just wound her up in all the wrong ways and she knew that it was going to get hard for her to not show that it was effecting her as the conversation went on, and she knew that they would talk for some time yet, at least, that was what she had wanted to happen.

Like it or not, Nyx was lonely, not lonely enough to give up the escape she had been dreaming of, but still, she would not object to company while she could enjoy it.

"It's not your time yet." she said simply "Who am I to mess with the Fates own Design? They are a power above even my own."

Taking a drag from her cigarette, Nyx couldn't help but let out a happy sigh, the nicotine although not affecting her directly, was almost like a placebo effect, she enjoyed smoking it because it should make her feel better, even though it actually did nothing apart from cloud the air around her. Unable to stop herself from nodding her head Nyx sighed lightly it did happen a lot to her;

"Indeed, it happens a lot, either they run away or they simply suck ass until I send them away, often flying into a wall but let's not be picky."

Smirking Nyx tapped her cigarette on the stone beside her; "It makes me happy to hear the rest of the Devil are doing their jobs, what exactly is happening then?"
Back to top Go down
Michael Angel of Justice

Michael Angel of Justice

PostSubject: Re: Powerful Talks (John and Nyx)   Powerful Talks (John and Nyx) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 2:48 am

John couldn't help but smile a little bit to himself when he saw her rolling her eyes. He had that effect on her he'd found. Of course it was not advised to bait the single most powerful part of The Devil but then again he seemed to be the only one strong enough to get away with it. Or maybe it was just because she couldn't bring herself to kill him for some reason. Either way, he felt either brave enough or stupid enough to continue to gently tease her. John chuckled a little bit. He wasn't one who put a great amount of stock in fate, even though he knew it existed,

"Well I'd like to think not. I have so much to... er... live for. Like..." he put on a fake thoughtful face before shrugging, "Okay I got nothing. Maybe the fates just keep me around for my sense of humour?"

He smiled a little bit as Nyx enjoyed her cigarette. It wasn't as if either of them felt any effect from them, they just enjoyed the cigarettes for the cigarettes themselves. He took a drag from his own and blew out a couple of smoke rings. John smiled slightly when she agreed that the same thing happened to her a lot too. Seemed they weren't whole world apart really,

"Yeah it's really annoying to have to wade through fanboys and fangirls. All of them trying to tell me that I'm so awesome I'll save them all." he rolled his eyes before frowning, "And then they'll die. Because they're too busy depending on me to train themselves."

He sighed a little bit before deciding to indulge Nyx. She must not got a lot of information from the outside world. None that wasn't mostly propaganda or what she wanted to hear at least,

"Truth? The armies of Heaven are forming up. We'll be ready to invade both Earth and Hell within the next two days. Before you can go up even two more levels." he told her without any hesitation, "But we won't. Because Gabriel has his head screwed on backwards and insists that we shouldn't try to prevent this. Not yet anyway. He's insisting that we can only move if... when, you break out. At that point... I think everybody loses Nyx. Which means The Devil wins."
Back to top Go down
The Morning Star

The Morning Star

PostSubject: Re: Powerful Talks (John and Nyx)   Powerful Talks (John and Nyx) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 5:17 am

Nyx could not help but smirk a little bit when John said that all that the Fates kept him around for was his sense of humour, she wanted to be able to joke about the fact he has no sense of humour, and even opened her mouth to say something, before she closed it and frowned, a large part of her was becoming aware that John was and angel and she part of the Devil, what were they doing conversing? What were they doing even being nice to each other?

"I sincerely doubt that your sense of humour is sufficient enough for that, from what I have seen of it anyway." she said with a smirk, unable to stop herself from acting the way that she used to act around John, like they were back to hundreds of years ago, and before she saw the world, and God for what it truly was.

Unable to stop herself from letting out a cold and tinny laugh when Nyx was told that angels kept letting themselves die because they did not train, she knew that her army would be able to best them if they continued in this manner, and they could probably do it with their eyes closed, being in Hell the eyes would probably work better in the dark, who knows what light would do to her...it had been so long.

"Doesn't that bode well for when I finally get out of this place, you'll want to stop them from doing that, or I'll have no fun while I kill them, I need a good challenge, they sound like flies if they don't train properly."

Her eyes lit up with a happy sort of glow and she looked at John with a genuine smile on her lips, like the ones that she used to wear, before it became more and more twisted;

"Excellent news, I always liked that Gabriel, talks a lot of sense." Nyx joked with a small smirk on her lips "But seriously, what an idiot, does he think that all I want to do when I get out is enjoy the lovely scenery? Fool."

Deep inside however, Nyx felt herself saddening, she did not want to have to hurt John, and when she thought about it, she would rather escape to simply enjoy the scenery and have that freedom, but her position of power would not allow her to do those simple things, there had to be war.
Back to top Go down
Michael Angel of Justice

Michael Angel of Justice

PostSubject: Re: Powerful Talks (John and Nyx)   Powerful Talks (John and Nyx) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 8:36 am

John turned to lookat Nyx and saw the glint in her eyes. It was the glint she used to get in her eyes back when they were both in heaven, the glint that warned John that he was about to get burnt, that Nyx was about to do a really good comeback. But just as soon as it had come, it was gone. All that was left were her colder eyes, the eyes that had seen too much ice in their time and were just now beginning to show some life again. But then the spark was back and she delivered the line anyway,

"Oh that's a burn right there Nyx!" he laughed, clapping mockingly to her even as he grinned widely, "Dear god, I'd best watch myself around you! Your razor sharp wit will be the end of me at this rate!"

The cold and tinny laugh, however, was not the same one as the Nyx he'd remembered gave. It wasn't the warm and kind sound that had been her laugh when she was an angel. The laugh itself told him that she didn't care that some of the stupider and younger angels were going to die in this senseless conflict. He missed the old Nyx, the Nyx who hadn't liked conflict even when she began to lead her own campaign against God. What he hadn't told her though, was that the elite angels had risen in numbers substancially since she'd left. He didn't lie to her, he just didn't tell her something because she didn't care to ask,

"Oh and I suppose any demon outside of Satan's Legions are any better?" he teased her with a smirk, "Please Nyx, we both know that both sides have more cannon fodder than we have actual fighters."

When she smiled he paused. He could almost see her old smile, as if it was traced along her face and then only slightly altered into this darker version of it. He smiled a little bit in return,

"Gabriel? The same Gabriel you always used to try annoy?" he joked right back, "Something about a stick up his ass... But I agree. He's a fool. If that's all you wanted I would have just helped you out for a day or two. Let you enjoy the earth for a bit."

He paused for a second before wincing,

"Of course that would mean me going back down with you but..." he glanced at her, "If you had asked me before all this I would have found a way. Now I know that even if I do help you out, you'll just break out when you're back in. You have to, the demons demand it."
Back to top Go down
The Morning Star

The Morning Star

PostSubject: Re: Powerful Talks (John and Nyx)   Powerful Talks (John and Nyx) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 8:48 am

Nyx, although she did not want to say it, missed who she used to be, she hated being the thing that she was now when she got to be in these moods, and these moods always seemed to occur when John arrived in Hell, and whenever they talked she wished she could be back to her normal self, she could be laughing and joking with him again, she could see the Earth when and where she wanted to see it and she could be happy for once, she could be mildly temperatured for once instead of boiling and humid the way Hell always seemed to be.

Remembering what she used to do always made her seem to look at herself in a bad light, but she was more powerful and more happy now than she had ever been...or was she?

It was strange. but she was sure that she could feel something tickling at the corner of her eyes, she could feel that there was something wet there she just did not know what that would be, could it be that she was bleeding? No that could not be it, reaching a hand up to touch her eyes Nyx's hand shook as it came back covered in water...she was crying? How stupid of her, what was she crying for?

"I wish you would have told me that." she said quietly "Before I had to do this."

Blinking rapidly Nyx shook her hair in front of her eyes to try and hide her features; "I wish that..." her voice broke a little bit and she gritted her teeth "I wish that things were how they used to be, I...I suppose I am not as changed as you would think me, or I would think me either."
Back to top Go down
Michael Angel of Justice

Michael Angel of Justice

PostSubject: Re: Powerful Talks (John and Nyx)   Powerful Talks (John and Nyx) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 8:59 am

John could tell, from a mile away, that Nyx was hurting. He'd been too close to her for too long not to notice how she was feeling after all. He could tell that what she was now was something that she didn't enjoy being, most of the time at least. Sure there were times he'd watched her from afar when she seemed to be enjoying her new power and demonic nature. But every time, when these moments were done and she thought she was alone, her guard would come down and he would see how much it hurt her. It was clear to John that despite what she said, despite what was said about her, The Morning Star was in mourning for the loss of her life as an angel.

When he saw her crying, John did what he had done all those years ago whenever Nyx cried. He reached out with one hand and cupped her cheek, brushing her tears away with a thumb gently before doing her other cheek. When he had wiped tears away from both of her cheeks he smiled a little bit, a sad smile,

"Don't you cry little Nyx-y." he whispered, just like he used to, "But... would you have believed me Nyx? Me? The one who had thrown you down there... willing to give up his own freedom to give you a day or two of freedom on earth? You would have thought it some kind of additional pain."

Seeing her so distressed, John pulled her close, holding her so that he head was resting against his chest as she cried against him,

"I wish that too Nyx... I want you back." he told her in a whisper as tears began to build up in his eyes, "It's not the same without you Nyx... I feel... empty without you around. Heaven isn't Heaven with you not there..."
Back to top Go down
The Morning Star

The Morning Star

PostSubject: Re: Powerful Talks (John and Nyx)   Powerful Talks (John and Nyx) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 9:08 am

Nyx was not made to feel any better when John did what he did all those years ago when they had been together, the touch to her cheeks to wipe her tears away made more spill out on their own and she wanted to be able to stop crying, to be snapped back into her demonic nature so that she would be able to save herself from being emotional, from showing just how much she was hurting, but she knew that there was nobody else that she would ever be able to act this way around, not even Azalath, he would not understand what it was like, and would more than likely be angry because of her mentioning John.

"I have always, and will always believe what you tell me John." she said quietly, more tears flooding down her cheeks "You're my best friend John, why would I not believe that you would want to help me, I know you cast me down because you had to, I know you didn't like doing it, just like I wont like doing what I have to do to you...but I have to, we both have to."

When she was pulled close against John Nyx rested her head on his chest and tried to stop herself from crying, she did so silently without any sobs, or even a sniffle, but the fact that she was producing tears was enough for her to be ashamed, but she could not stop herself, she wanted to be able to be with John like she had wanted to when she killed his Divine Partner, she wanted to be his lover and his friend.

"You were right John, I do miss you, I do feel depressed when you aren't around and...I want everything to be back the way it was, I want to be able to see you every day, I want to be able to be called Nxy-y everyday...." she whispered "I don't like fighting, it is needed and I will do it...but please John I don't want to hurt you."
Back to top Go down
Michael Angel of Justice

Michael Angel of Justice

PostSubject: Re: Powerful Talks (John and Nyx)   Powerful Talks (John and Nyx) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 9:32 am

As soon as he wiped away some of her tears more would come. She was crying so very hard now that it was hard to believe that the woman in front of him was part of The Devil, hard to believe that within the next month she would be bringing death and destruction to every living creature on earth just to be free. And the thing he'd never told anyone, no other angel and not even God himself, was that if he could have swapped, traded places... he would have. If he could have taken it all away, made it all untrue some how, he would have. For Nyx he would have,

"Even after what I did to you?" he asked, his voice shaky now as his own tears began to fall, "Even after all I took from you? Everything... I took everything from you Nyx! And you would still believe me? I didn;t want to do it Nyx, I didn't want to do any of it but the fact is... I did. How can you look past that Nyx?"

He could tell, even though she wasn't sobbing anymore, that Nyx was still crying but she was being as silent as he was with her tears at the moment. His own tears were silent but they were cascading down his cheeks like twin rivers right now. He hugged her closely,

"I want those things too Nyx-y... I want everything to be back to the way it was before all of this happened... I... I want to have never hurt you in the first place..." he looked into her eyes, "I would have gladly fallen with you rather than hurt you... but he pushed me... ordered me... and I couldn't... I couldn't disobey his order..."
Back to top Go down
The Morning Star

The Morning Star

PostSubject: Re: Powerful Talks (John and Nyx)   Powerful Talks (John and Nyx) Icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 9:43 am

Nyx found herself twitching a little when he mentioned the fact that he had taken everything from her, she felt the pain that she knew she would have never had to feel if she had not fallen, and that pain came with the fact that she had been banished from Hell, had her wings torn off, by the one person that she loved above all other people, and she knew that he hadn't meant it, why couldn't he have just stopped, why couldn't he have just left her alone?!

She could feel herself becoming more and more like the Morning Star, she could feel her eyes turning black and she looked up into John's eyes with a fury that she had never done before, she stepped away from him and chuckled darkly as she wiped at her eyes, the tears and all traces of them burning off her cheeks.

""You did take everything from me didn't you? You took everything from me and the worst part is...you're still alive and talking to me now, Nyx of course will feel completely depressed when I tell you this but, me, The Morning Star, I couldn't give a peice of crap as to what you feel, I'm here to tell you that you ruined her life, you broke her heart and you don't even know the top of it,"

Unable to stop a small chuckle from escaping her lips, Nyx shook her head and stood up from the stone, looking down at the Angel next to her;

"You couldn't disobey his order? What was the worst he could have done to you, make you fall as well? You're just weak. You're useless." she smirked "And she will know it as soon as I can make her see. I wouldn't hold out much hope that your little 'Nyx-y' will be yours much longer if I have my way."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Powerful Talks (John and Nyx)   Powerful Talks (John and Nyx) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Powerful Talks (John and Nyx)
Page 1 of 1